Hi! I’m Kristen, an advertising executive by day and a fashion blogger by nights/weekends.
the clothing menu is an inspirational blog about what to wear to work. I started it in December 2011 after focusing on fashion from independent designers on the blog since January 2009. We spend 40+ hours at work each week, so we should look stylish while we’re there, right? My goal is to give ideas to every day men and women about how to add style to work wardrobes.
In case you want to know more about me, here are 10 fun facts:
- I was born and raised in Massachusetts and have lived here just about all my life; I lived in Manhattan for 3 years after college (amazing experience..but glad I’m back in MA).
- I’ve worked in account management at advertising agencies for my whole career and I love it. Right now my job is on the social media team at a Boston agency for a financial services brand.
- I take a ferry to and from work everyday. Best commute ever!
- I have a major sweet tooth, especially for chocolate.
- Going to the gym regularly is like when I was single and dating. If I make it past two weeks, it’s a big deal.
- I watch A LOT of reality tv. I could watch Bravo all day.
- I subscribe to two magazines, which are good representations of my personality: InStyle and Inc.
- I love 90′s rock music and current indie music (although I’m not quite as up to date on this as I once was).
- I’m Greek Orthodox. My mom is a really good Greek cook and my goal is to learn how to cook spanikopita, gyro, avgolemono, etc. as well as she does. Baklava I’ve figured out, so if you’re nice to me, maybe you’ll get some!
- I’ve been with my fiancé for over 5 years. I’m having fun being engaged and wedding planning!
Disclaimer: Some of the products I link to on this blog are affiliate links, meaning I may get money if you click or buy the product. I also sometimes accept free products from brands, noted as c/o. I respect the privacy of all blog readers. None of your personal information is shared or sold to outside parties.