Our Guide To A Minimalist Capsule Wardrobe
Minimalism is a new lifestyle trend that has gained popularity at a momentous speed. The concept of minimalism can be applied to all aspects of your life. In this guide, we will be discussing how you can practice the concept of minimalism in your own wardrobe. You can also visit Consumer Health Review for more information on how to keep your mind and body healthy while you get into the minimalist lifestyle.
What Is Minimalism?
Minimalism is a movement that is being practiced by more and more people on a daily basis. It is seen by many people in the movement as a path to freedom and good mental health. In this movement, you let go of the emotional connection you have with your belongings so you can let go and live with less. Once you have fewer belongings in your home, you will experience financial as well as emotional freedom.
What Is A Capsule Wardrobe?
A capsule wardrobe is a collection of a few simple items of clothing that never go out of fashion. Most people who have minimized to a capsule wardrobe are so impressed that they would never go back to owning masses of clothing. Essentially, a capsule wardrobe consists of a few basic items of clothing that will never go out of fashion and that will last you throughout every season.
Benefits Of A Capsule Wardrobe
- When you have a capsule wardrobe, you will be eradicating a significant amount of stress from your life. How many mornings have you wanted to rip out your hair out of frustration because you cannot find a single outfit in your massive closet? When you have fewer choices, your mornings will run smoothly and stress-free.
- It is easier to mix and match a comprehensive outfit. A well-organized capsule wardrobe means that your outfits easily work together and items that suit your lifestyle, which in turn leaves you feeling more confident and well-put together.
- You only have clothing that fits well and which you love. A capsule wardrobe offers a significant sense of comfort because you know that you have chosen your clothing because it looks good on you and serves you well.
- You will be doing a lot less laundry. If there is one reason to consider a capsule, the amount of time and effort you will save should convince you. When you have a capsule wardrobe, you will be spending much less time sorting out mountains of laundry.
- It saves you money. When you have your capsule wardrobe perfected, you will not be spending extra money on clothing unless you absolutely need to. Once you build up your capsule wardrobe, you will only need to buy new clothing if something tears or wears through.
- A capsule wardrobe is better for the environment. Fast fashion creates tons of waste that goes into landfills each day. By choosing to adopt a capsule wardrobe, you are helping to reduce the clothing ending up in a landfill by only buying quality, loved clothing pieces and being more mindful of what you buy.
- It will force you to become more creative. When you only have a limited amount of clothing, you will be forced to use your imagination to come up with new and original outfit ideas.
How To Build A Capsule Wardrobe
- Step 1: Go into your cupboard and get rid of all the clothing that no longer suits your life. This includes the clothes that do not fit you properly, items you no longer like as well as any clothes that you are keeping for sentimental reasons.
- Step 2: Separate your clothing into categories. For instance, you want a category for everyday wear, work wear, sports clothes and leisurewear, including pajamas and underwear.
- Step 3: Once you have separated all of your clothing that you have left, you will be able to see what you still need to purchase to complete your capsule wardrobe.
What Does A Capsule Wardrobe Look Like?
- 1 Winter Puffy Coat
- 1 Woolen Winter coat
- 1 Rain Coat
- 1 Lightweight coat or jacket
- 7 Short sleeve shirts and blouses
- 3 Long sleeve blouses
- 2 Formal shirts
- 7 pairs of long pants
- 3 pairs of shorts
- 5 pairs