Textile and Decorative Techniques Used In Them
In textiles, decorative techniques can be used to produce a large variety of results with new appearances. In some methods, only a paintbrush is taken in hand, and the textile is painted, and some ways are complicated. Let’s look at some below:
Printing and Dyeing: Decorative Methods
One is as mentioned above by taking a paintbrush and painting on the textile. The other method is by dyeing the textile.
The dye method is different to painting. The reason is that at the time of dying, a chemical reaction happens in between the textile fibre and dye that makes a bond between them.
Inking is also another method of dying, which is done by water like substance or alcohol to make the ink thinner.
Dyes soak in the textile, and they are more permanent compared to paint. Paints tend to be only on the surface of the textile.
Several dyeing techniques can help produce attractive and diverse results on fabrics. You can enquire with textile dyes manufactures if you want to find the dyes mentioned here:
- Tie-dye: This is an ancient art of Japan to dye fabric. In this method of dyeing a primary process of pleating, then twisting it and then folding the fabric is done. Therefore, crumbling and binding of the fabric create a fantastic effect and concentric patterns.
- Tie-dye with stitch resist: In this method, threads are used to create a pattern. The stitches resist the dye to penetrate specific areas of the fabric.
- Pole-dyeing technique: Through this technical unique stripe patterns can be created. The range can be from regular lines to fluid and ripple-like stripes. You can use different ways to wrap the pole and use multiple colours to create your unique pattern.
- Folding technique: With this technique, you can create geometric patterns such as triangles, squares, or hexagon.
- Ombre Dip-dye technique: This is a method of changing shades of the colour of your die. You can blend one colour to another colour or light colour to dark tone.
If you are planning to dye your textile, you can contact non-textile chemical supplier for getting your desired dye supplied to you.